Partner Social Service Agencies
Men and women who want to move from homelessness to self-reliance must learn the proper life skills to be productive community members. UGM-TC actively partners with diverse social service organizations in Tarrant County to provide residents with a range of opportunities necessary for developing basic life skills. By working collaboratively with more than 30 different agencies, UGM-TC provides everything from legal aid to cooking classes.
Some examples of the agencies that we partner with are:
- Recovery Resource Center provides assessments and referrals for substance abuse treatment.
- MHMR of Tarrant County visits UGM-TC facilities once a week to complete intake and assessments for residents with mental health issues.
- Catholic Charities facilitates money matters classes and parenting classes.
- Tarrant Area Food Bank facilitates Cooking Matters, a program that provides cooking and nutrition classes for residents.
- Cook Children’s Hospital conducts examinations, inoculations and well-baby visits to children at the Mission.
- More than Budgets hosts a financial literacy seminar for residents.
- Fort Worth Housing Authority provides housing opportunities for our residents.
- Fort Worth Library provides the Pre-K Reading Program on-site to the 0-5 year olds to help instill a love of learning at an early age.
- Goodwill Industries offers employment services to UGM-TC residents.
- Art Station brings the benefits of art therapy to our adult men and women.
- The Women's Center encourages new parents through parenting classes.