Partner Social Service Agencies
Men and women who want to move from homelessness to self-reliance must learn the proper life skills to be productive community members. UGM-TC actively partners with diverse social service organizations in Tarrant County to provide residents with a range of opportunities necessary for developing basic life skills. By working collaboratively with 32 more than 30 different agencies, UGMTC provides everything from legal aid to cooking classes.
Some examples of the agencies that we partner with are:
- Recovery Resource Center provides assessments and referrals for substance abuse treatment.
- MHMR of Tarrant County visits UGM-TC facilities once a week to complete intake and assessments for residents with mental health issues.
- Catholic Charities facilitates money matters classes and parenting classes.
- Tarrant Area Food Bank facilitates Cooking Matters, a program that provides cooking and nutrition classes for residents.
- Cook Children’s Hospital conducts examinations, inoculations and well-baby visits to children at the Mission.
- More than Budgetshosts a financial literacy seminar for residents.
- Fort Worth Housing Authority provides housing opportunities for our residents.
- Fort Worth Library provides the Pre-K Reading Program on-site to the 0-5 year olds to help instill a love of learning at an early age.
- Goodwill Industries offers employment services to UGM-TC residents.
- Art Stationbrings the benefits of art therapy to our adult men and women.
- The Women's Center encourages new parents through parenting classes.