Employees of UGM-TC play a unique and very important role in God’s plan for all those He brings to our doors.
Current Employment Opportunities
Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County has an immediate opening for an experienced driver. The Driver is responsible for driving the Union Gospel Mission 24 passenger bus, taking the children to and from school. We also need a full-time driver for donation pickups.
This is a part-time Position, 23 hours per week. Full-time position 40 hours per week
Candidate must have a willingness to work with individuals with problems and commitment to Christian ethics
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Current CDL Driver’s Licenses with passenger endorsement and medical clearance
· Good driving record for three years prior to employment
- Ability to make good decisions regarding safe road and driving conditions
- Ability to communicate with personnel in other departments as needed
- Ability to interact with people with kindness, courtesy and respect
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent, CDL Driver passenger endorsement, medical clearance and a clean driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to sit, stand, bend; ability to lift and carry at least 50 lbs; ability to work outdoors to some extent in various weather conditions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: These job duties require driving a truck and other related physical tasks.
DRUG and ALCOHOL TESTING
Submit resume via email to: email@example.com Please DO NOT apply in person.
Administrative Assistant and Data Entry Specialist
The Administrative Assistant and Data Entry Specialist shall assist the President/CEO in the tasks defined below as well as other duties assigned as time and resources allow.
The Administrative Assistant and Data Entry Specialist performs development duties and assists with all activities of the Development Department. The Administrative Assistant and Data Entry Specialist also provides assistance to other departments as needed. This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week. This position is expected to maintain ethical standards of fundraising as outlined in the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Education: High school diploma, some college preferred
Experience: 3-5 years Administrative Assistance experience
- Assist with processing of any correspondence, reports or documents, as needed for President/CEO.
- Prepare for monthly Board meeting, including compilation of Board Pack information and set up of Board room and other specific duties as assigned and take minutes.
- Perform basic administrative duties to assist CEO as needed, such as, but not limited to:.
- Answer phone for President/CEO
- Take journal notes for President/CEO
- Manage Email and calendar for President/CEO
- Assist with annual changeover of files, folders and office storage.
- Assist other Administrative Departments as time and resources allow.
- Responsible for saying a timely Thank You to donors and sending tax receipts.
- Issue tribute cards.
- Ensure donor information is updated and maintained in accordance with Mission policies; protect donor privacy (shred donation slips and other personal documents).
- Prepare weekly/monthly/annual development reports as requested.
- Monitor Mission compliance with donor gift intent.
- Maintain stationery inventory and implement cost savings ideas when possible.
- Maintain ethical standards of fundraising as outlined on Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.