Employees of UGM-TC play a unique and very important role in God’s plan for all those He brings to our doors.
Current Employment Opportunities
Mission Support Monitor/Mentor
Union Gospel Mission –TC has an immediate job opening for qualified Mission Support Monitor/Mentor. This is a full-time/2nd Shift position and requires a flexible, reliable and professional individuals, with the ability to work with the public. Individuals with strong communication skills, customer service skills and a kind but firm presence are desired.
The Mission Support Monitor is responsible for welcoming all guests, answering the phones and performs other duties ensuring the Facility is secured 24 hours per day. This position will interact with other staff, residents and guests.
Control access to gates and electronic door entrances.
- Answer main telephone and direct calls to appropriate department.
- Ensure the safety of employees, residents and volunteers as they leave the building and enter their vehicles.
- Interact with volunteers assigned by Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assist in controlling traffic in the Family Center to ensure safety of residents and guests. Limit access to unauthorized areas of facility.
- Notify appropriate authorities if necessary.
- Report all security issues and/or concerns to facility managers and all client issues or concerns to case managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment at all times
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: 1 year of customer service experience in a social service environment is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents, guests, volunteers and others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use good judgment in contacting supervisory staff or outside authorities
- Ability to implement approved policies and procedures
- Ability to interact with people with kindness, courtesy and respect
COMPUTER SKILLS: Ability to utilize Client Records database system for scanning in services.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to be mobile throughout the assigned work area; ability to sit, stand, bend, lift and carry.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is indoors in Union Gospel Mission facilities. Since the client population served is primarily homeless and indigent, there is a high possibility of encountering persons with mental illnesses, addictions and infectious diseases.
The Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County is a Christian and hires only Christians.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others in the workplace, because physical requirements cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation, will not be considered qualified for employment. This document is not an employee contract.