Employees of UGM-TC play a unique and very important role in God’s plan for all those He brings to our doors.
Current Employment Opportunities
Mission Support Mentor
DEPARTMENT: Mission Support Services
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager Supervisor
SUMMARY: The Mission Support Monitor is responsible for ensuring the Facility is secured 24 hours per day. This position will interact with other staff, residents and guests.
*Males encouraged to apply
- Control access to gates and electronic door entrances.
- Answer main telephone and direct calls to appropriate department.
- Ensure the safety of employees, residents and volunteers as they leave the building and enter their vehicles.
- Interact with volunteers assigned by Volunteer Coordinator
- Assist in controlling traffic in the Family Center to ensure safety of residents and guests. Limit access to unauthorized areas of facility.
- Notify appropriate authorities if necessary.
- Report all security issues and/or concerns to facility managers and all clients issues or concerns to case managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment at all times.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: 1 year of customer service experience in a social service environment is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accomodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to preform essential functions.
- Good organization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents, guests, volunteers and others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use good judgement in contacting supervisory staff or outside authorities
- Ability to implement approved policies and procedures
COMPUTER SKILLS: Ability to utilize Client Records database system for scanning in services.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to be mobile throughout the assigned work area; ability to sit, stand, bend, lift and carry.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is indoors in Union Gospel Mission facilities. Since the client population served is primarly homeless and indigent, there is a high possibility of encountering persons with mental illness, addictions and infectious diseases.
The Union Gospel Mission is a Christian Organization and hires only Christians.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accomodate individuals with disabilities. Individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others in the workplace, because physical requirements cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accomidation, will not be considered qualified for employment.
For immediate consideration please use our online employment application or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT apply in person. Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County is a local 501(c)(3) united Christian organization and ministry dedicated to providing love, hope, respect and a new beginning for the homeless of Tarrant County. Union Gospel Mission is an equal opportunity employer and supports the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.