Employees of UGM-TC play a unique and very important role in God’s plan for all those He brings to our doors.
Current Employment Opportunities
PART-TIME NURSE PRACTITIONER
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for providing primary medical care for indigent patients in the Healing Shepherd Clinic. As the primary care provider, the NP will evaluate, diagnose, develop treatment plans, and provide follow-up care for patients of the Healing Shepherd Clinic. The NP reports to the collaborating physician per written collaborative protocol agreement. The NP reports to the President/CEO of Union Gospel Mission on operations, programming, staffing and all day-to-day operations of the clinic.
• Assess health status of patients by: obtaining health and medical history, perform physical examinations based on age and history, perform or order preventive and diagnostic procedures, and identify health and medical risk factors;
• Develop treatment plans based on assessment and diagnosis;
• Develop patient education plans;
• Perform therapeutic measures as appropriate, such as cleaning and dressing of superficial wounds, etc.;
• Provide appropriate consultation and referral;
• Provide follow-up and evaluation of patient status;
• Maintain documentation of care in patient records;
• Ensure confidentiality of patient records;
• Provide emergency treatment if necessary, in accordance with standards of the American Heart Association for Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support;
• Collaborate with other health and medical providers in providing comprehensive care.
• Review and discuss patient care management with volunteer physicians and medical director;
• Ensure patient charts are reviewed with collaborating physician as specified in collaboration agreement with physician;
• Consult with collaborating physician by telephone or in person;
• Maintain certification in compliance with Texas Board of Nursing and licensing agent;
• Apply standardized care guidelines in clinical practice;
• Participate in quality assurance activities, including but not limited to, systematic review of records and treatment plans on a periodic basis and other QA activities as appropriate.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The NP supervises the Nurse/case manager, clinic receptionist, and volunteer nurses.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; licensure in the state of Texas as a registered nurse; Master’s Degree, recognized as APN by Texas Board of Nursing and certified as an Adult Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner by AANP/ANCC; education or experience with diverse populations preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Knowledge of standardized care guidelines;
• Knowledge of current applicable laws and regulations relating to nurse practitioner duties and qualifications;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• excellent organizational skills;
• ability to work independently;
• ability to work with diverse population and communicate effectively with patients and families;
• ability to act as a member of an interdisciplinary team in collaboration with other providers;
• knowledge of local resources for health and medical care.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to be mobile in a medical clinic environment; ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift and carry. Ability to spend long periods of time on her/his feet and ability to lift patients.
Submit resumes via email to email@example.com or fax to (817) 335-2504