Employees of UGM-TC play a unique and very important role in God’s plan for all those He brings to our doors.
Current Employment Opportunities
Case Worker/Intake Specialist
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Program Manager provides guidance & direction conducting to individuals residing in the Union Gospel Mission, intake, case plans, information and referral services.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. Experienced in providing social work/case management services to diverse population. LBSW License, through the Texas State Social Work License.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with a disability to perform essential functions.
This section describes the primary responsibilities of an employee in this position. Please note: The primary responsibilities of this position are not limited to this list.
- Provide comprehensive case management services to participants.
- Responsible conducting intake and assessment, developing individualized short and long term plans.
- Provide crisis management and intervention, networking with community agencies for the purpose of obtaining information.
- Coordinating service referrals
- Conducting benefits eligibility screening.
- Assist participants with obtaining education and training.
- Act as a liaison among program participants, the landlord and partner agencies to enhance communication and service delivery
- Help to resolve issues and develop solutions for continued success.
- Work closely with staff members, interns and volunteers to identify and access services and resources to help each participant meet their individual needs.
- Maintain current documentation and records of case management services as well as statistical data required by the program.
Therapeutic Case Manager
Therapeutic Case Manager
The Therapeutic Case Manager serves as a Case Manager of their own case load as well as a Counselor for Residents referred by the Program Director. As a Case Manager, they are responsible for providing hands-on client based programming that focuses on achieving goals, developing skills and addressing physical, mental, spiritual and problem solving skills in order for the Resident to graduate from the program with prospects for housing, employment and sustainable independent living. As a counselor, they will use crisis intervention, supportive counseling, Solution Focused intervention, Dialectical therapy and Motivational Interviewing to address issues that require deeper exploration and skill development to lead the Resident to lasting change and healing.
Education: Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling required.
Experience: Two (2) years of therapeutic Social Work/Case Management experience in group, individual and family counseling settings.
Licensure: Texas Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Texas Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Texas Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) required.
Additional Requirements: Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred. Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to work occasional flexible hours as requested.