Employees of UGM-TC play a unique and very important role in God’s plan for all those He brings to our doors.
Current Employment Opportunities
Children's Enrichment Case Manager
Under the direction of the Program Director provides case management services and program implementation of Residents in the Children’s Enrichment Program. The Case Manager is responsible for the implementation of robust After School programming to assist the children and parents with developing healthy habits related to school attendance, studying/homework, parenting and goal achievement. The Case Manager is the point person for Children Enrichment outings including scheduling summer activities and camps. The Case Manager supervises the Reading Specialist and the After-School Tutors.
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. MSW or comparable preferred.
Licensure: Minimum of a LBSW. LMSW or comparable preferred.
Additional Requirements: CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
Develop lesson plans and the supervision of children in the After School tutoring program.
Plan children’s summer activities and camps including assisting parents in completing applications.
- Develop a schedule for all Children’s Enrichment activities and coordinate transportation.
- Write psychosocial assessment in the client data management system for all children in the Children’s Enrichment Program.
- Provide Residents with assistance and support as needed regarding progress, attendance, behavioral issues, problems, etc.
- Lead educational groups as determined by the Program Director.
- Attend all scheduled agency meetings and trainings.
- Maintain documentation of services provided in the agency data management system and client files with current documentation, including case notes, intake documentation, paperwork received for services with outside agencies and referrals for services.
- Interact with Residents to ensure their attendance to all evening activities and classes.
- Pass out supplies to Residents as needed and provided.
- Provide a Nightly report to the Program Director.
- Handle crisis situations as they arise; use the Emergency Code protocols as needed.
- Communicate with MSS Department regarding operational needs of facilities.
- Ensure that Development Reading Assessments and informal testing/assessments of students’ skills are conducted.
- Design individualized program plans for students in the Children’s Enrichment Program.
- Select the materials for the daily Children’s Enrichment Program activities and After School Tutoring.
- Maintain student testing data and disseminate as needed to appropriate individuals and agencies.
- Implement testing for placement of students at ability levels.
- Develop individualized lesson plans for students.
- Coordinate curriculum with local school districts.
- Assist parents with Parent/Teacher meetings, ARD meetings and other interaction with local school districts.
- Coordinate Children Enrichment Learning activities and Summer Camps.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mission Support Monitor
Union Gospel Mission –TC has an immediate job opening for a full-time/overnight “Male” Mission Support Monitor. This position requires flexible, reliable and professional individuals, with the ability to work with the public. Individuals with strong communication skills, customer service skills and a kind but firm presence are desired.
JOB TITLE: Mission Support Monitor
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Mission Support Services
SUMMARY: The Mission Support Monitor is responsible for ensuring the Facility is secured 24 hours per day. This position will interact with other staff, residents and guests.
- Control access to gates and electronic door entrances.
- Answer main telephone and direct calls to appropriate department.
- Ensure the safety of employees, residents and volunteers as they leave the building and enter their vehicles.
- Interact with volunteers assigned by Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assist in controlling traffic in the Family Center to ensure safety of residents and guests. Limit access to unauthorized areas of facility.
- Notify appropriate authorities if necessary.
- Report all security issues and/or concerns to facility managers and all client issues or concerns to case managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment at all times
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: 1 year of customer service experience in a social service environment is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents, guests, volunteers and others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use good judgment in contacting supervisory staff or outside authorities
- Ability to implement approved policies and procedures
COMPUTER SKILLS: Ability to utilize Client Records database system for scanning in services.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to be mobile throughout the assigned work area; ability to sit, stand, bend, lift and carry.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is indoors in Union Gospel Mission facilities. Since the client population served is primarily homeless and indigent, there is a high possibility of encountering persons with mental illnesses, addictions and infectious diseases.
The Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County is a Christian and hires only Christians.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others in the workplace, because physical requirements cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation, will not be considered qualified for employment. This document is not an employee contract.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DO NOT APPLY IN PERSON
Case Worker/Intake Specialist
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Program Manager provides guidance & direction conducting to individuals residing in the Union Gospel Mission, intake, case plans, information and referral services.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. Experienced in providing social work/case management services to diverse population. LBSW License, through the Texas State Social Work License.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with a disability to perform essential functions.
This section describes the primary responsibilities of an employee in this position. Please note: The primary responsibilities of this position are not limited to this list.
- Provide comprehensive case management services to participants.
- Responsible conducting intake and assessment, developing individualized short and long term plans.
- Provide crisis management and intervention, networking with community agencies for the purpose of obtaining information.
- Coordinating service referrals
- Conducting benefits eligibility screening.
- Assist participants with obtaining education and training.
- Act as a liaison among program participants, the landlord and partner agencies to enhance communication and service delivery
- Help to resolve issues and develop solutions for continued success.
- Work closely with staff members, interns and volunteers to identify and access services and resources to help each participant meet their individual needs.
- Maintain current documentation and records of case management services as well as statistical data required by the program.