Employees of UGM-TC play a unique and very important role in God’s plan for all those He brings to our doors.
Current Employment Opportunities
Janitor - Full Time (40 Hours/Week - will Include weekend hours)
The Janitor is responsible for deep cleaning housekeeping routines such as stripping, mopping, and buffing hard floors; shampooing, extracting and spot cleaning carpet and furniture upholstery; cleaning walls, dry erase boards and vents in meeting rooms, offices, and public areas; returning all furniture and equipment to their proper places in each common area and meeting space at the end of each business day; while ensuring a safe and risk preventitive envionment within OSHA regulations. The Janitor is also responsible for cutting grass, trimming trees, and edging bushes as needed. This is a full time position; Wednesday - Sunday, 11:30 am - 8:00 pm.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: One (1) year experience in floor care housekeeping duties preferred
Additional Requirements: Must be able to work with minimal supervision
1. Perform scheduled deep cleaning tasks of meeting rooms, offices, and public areas as assigned by supervisor
a. strip, mop and buff hard floors
b. shampoo, extract, and spot clean carpet and furniture upholstery
c. clean walls, dry erase boards and vents in meeting rooms, offices, and public areas
d. return all furniture and equipment to their proper place in each common area and meeting space at the end of each business day
e. ensure adequate janitorial supplies are kept in facility.
f. clean high touch areas with disinfectants.
g. refill supplies (paper products, soap, etc.).
2. Keep cleaning supplies and equipment safely stored when not in use and away from Residents, Visitors, or Guests when in use.
3. Report any situations that may affect the health and well-being of Residents, Visitors, or Guests.
4. Assist in assuring a safe and risk preventative environment.
5. Comply with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations and Safety/Risk Management plans, policies, and procedures.
6. Use time constructively and in an organized manner to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
7. Address Residents, Visitors, and Co-Workers in a pleasant and respectful manner.
8. Assist in any emergencies that may arise.
9. Attend all mandatory facility in-services and staff development as scheduled.
10. Support facility-wide quality/performance improvement goals and objectives.
11. Maintain confidentiality of facility and employees.
Union Gospel Mission is a local united Christian organization and ministry dedicated to providing love, hope, respect, and a new beginning for the homeless, offering a holistic program of care that leads to true, lasting healing.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for performing all day to day accounting revenue and dispursement duties of Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County (UGM-TC) under the direction of the CFO. This is a full-time postion; Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Education: Associates Degree in Business or Accounting preferred; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Two years experience in Accounting/Financial Management. Experience with QuickBooks is a plus.
- Revenue/Receivable: Oversee and perform day to day revenue/accounts receivable functions with assistance from accounting personnel; in conjunction with CFO.
- Disbursement/Payable: Oversee and perform day to day disbursements/accounts payable functions with assistance from accounting personnel; in conjunction with CFO.
- Payroll: Perform payroll duties of agency, during absence of payroll personnel.
- Petty Cash: Manage all aspects for petty cash duties for the agency.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise the Accounting Assistant/Clerk and the Data Entry Specialist.
Mission Support Mentor
Union Gospel Mission –TC has an immediate job opening for two qualified Mission Support Mentors. These are both full-time positions - Saturday-Tuesday, 10:30 am - 9:00 pm, and Saturday-Wednesday, 12:30 pm.- 9:00 pm. These positions require a flexible, reliable and professional individual, with the ability to work with the public. Individual with strong communication skills, and customer service skills. A kind but firm presence are desired.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Mission Support Mentor is responsible for welcoming all guests, answering the phones and performs other duties ensuring the Facility is secured 24 hours per day. This position will interact with other staff, residents and guests.
Control access to gates and electronic door entrances.
- Answer main telephone and direct calls to appropriate department.
- Ensure the safety of employees, residents and volunteers as they leave the building and enter their vehicles.
- Interact with volunteers assigned by Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assist in controlling traffic in the Family Center to ensure safety of residents and guests. Limit access to unauthorized areas of facility.
- Notify appropriate authorities if necessary.
- Report all security issues and/or concerns to facility managers and all client issues or concerns to case managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment at all times
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: 1 year of customer service experience in a social service environment is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents, guests, volunteers and others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use good judgment in contacting supervisory staff or outside authorities
- Ability to implement approved policies and procedures
- Ability to interact with people with kindness, courtesy and respect