Employees of UGM-TC play a unique and very important role in God’s plan for all those He brings to our doors.
Current Employment Opportunities
Special Events Assistant & Grant Writer
Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County is currently hiring a Full-Time Special Events Assistant & Grant Writer. The Special Events Assistant & Grant Writer also provides assistance to the Development Department and other departments as needed. This is a full time position of at least 40 hours per week. This position is expected to maintain ethical standards of fundraising as outlined in the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Assist Development Director with event logistics which include: vendor contracts, menu selection, audio visuals, event rentals, booking entertainment, videographer and photographer coordination, on-site event support, event data entry, décor, creative aspects, and other event production elements
- Work alongside Marketing and Communications Coordinator to develop creative and effective promotional materials for events
- Working alongside event committee members
- Update event reports on a monthly/weekly/daily basis, as progress and commitments are made
- Manage the event budget
- Assist with post-event recaps, gift entry, and thank you letters to all vendors and donors
- Writing grants to secure funds for the Mission
- Managing grant writing process including meeting deadlines, reporting, and tracking.
- Communicating with appropriate staff to know the needs of the Mission
- Conducting foundation research and gaining knowledge of grant resources in the community
- Working alongside the Development Director during the grant process
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Assist with saying a timely Thank You to donors
- Ensure foundation and donor information is updated and maintained in accordance with Mission policies; protect donor privacy (shred donation slips and other personal documents)
Other duties as requested.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Minimum of high school diploma and 4 years of business school or equivalent work experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as with other staff
- Ability to work with attention to details and with accuracy
- Ability to work on multiple projects/assignments as needed
- Calm under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Flexibility to help where needed in Development
- Sensitivity to donors and their needs, with the ability to easily relate to others
- Ability to embrace and affirm the mission of Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County
COMPUTER SKILLS: Familiarity with Windows, proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet functions, and experience with or ability to learn Donor Perfect software and other advanced software programs. Ability to use other office equipment, including 10-key, copy machine, fax and phone systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to sit for a majority of each day; ability to stand, bend, lift and carry.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: All job duties are performed in an office environment. Since the client population served is primarily homeless and indigent, there is a high possibility of encountering persons with mental illnesses, addictions and infectious diseases.
The Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County is a Christian organization and hires only Christians.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others in the workplace, because physical requirements cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation, will not be considered qualified for employment. This document is not an employee contract.