Employees of UGM-TC play a unique and very important role in God’s plan for all those He brings to our doors.
Current Employment Opportunities
The Cook assists in the preparation of the ingredients and supplemental items necessary for the production of daily meals by the Shift Cook. The Cook functions as an essential member of the food service department team, and as such, accepts assignments to perform various duties within the kitchen. The Cook reports to the Food Services Director.
- Review daily menu and gather all necessary ingredients in advance to prepare for main meals preparation by the cooks.
- Set up trays, steam tables, and food carts for serving line; serve food on cafeteria serving line.
- Set up serving area for special meals as directed by Food Services Director.
- Clean kitchen, equipments, including stove, oven, steam tables, food carts, serving window, doors, refrigerator, and other equipment as needed; help maintain sanitary condition of the kitchen, food prepping and storage area.
- Store food items appropriately with labels and dates as required.
- Assist with kitchen inventory, as directed by Food Services Director.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent required. Prior food prepping experience required. Must have a current Food Handlers Permit.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use basic food preparation equipment
- Ability to use basic math skills necessary for recipe preparation and supply inventory, such as measuring, figuring ratios and proportions, counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Ability to communicate courteously with residents, guests, staff, and visitors
COMPUTER SKILLS: Basic
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to be moderately physically active; ability to lift 25 lbs; ability to stand/walk for more than four hours per day; ability to work in an environment with moderate exposure to extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, odors, and/or loud noises.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the job duties are performed indoors in a kitchen, cafeteria and dining room environment.
The Union Gospel Mission-TC is a Christian Organization and hires only Christians.
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org